• This is an archive of ASSEMblerGames.com from June 07th, 2019, all content should be here (minus threads with none english titles, we'll add later.) you cannot login here as this is a clone and your personal info doesn't exist in this database.

Brought to you by ObscureGamers.

0th bit/Everdrive forums aren't fully working due to wrong id's from importer. (fixing just takes time) 0th bit posts will be added. Only major issue is the importer copied html/classes which show so need to find a way to strip/convert. this was caused from converting html rips back to SQL. This archive doesn't contain emails/private messages/ip's as we could only convert what google could see/crawl.

GG Everdrive OS 7 Beta Released!

segasonicfan

Robust Member

Found it on his website over <a class="externalLink" href="http://krikzz.com/pub/support/index.php?dir=ms-everdrive/os-bin/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">here</a>

Seems like Krikzz is (quietly) still supporting Everdrive GG. I am very happy about that because I love this flashcart.

NOTES ON UPGRADE:
<i>It is a little complicated, so make sure you follow these steps:</i>

[li] put the new os file in your root folder [/li]
[li] start your GG and go to tools &gt; upgrade [/li]
[li] press "right" to upgrade [/li]
[li] after upgrade you will get an error code saying you need FAT32, don't worry! [/li]
[li] put your microSD card into your computer. Copy all files to a folder on your computer [/li]
[li] reformat your microSD for FAT32 and make sure default allocation size is 64kb. If it is not, you will get an error code 0xD3 [/li]
[li] drag your games/folders back onto your microSD [/li]
[li] plug it into your GG and play! [/li]

Benefits of OS 7 (I've noticed so far):
<ul>
[li]improved compatibility (GG Doraemon works now (yay!) and Gunstar Heroes boots into levels now, but still glitchy and unplayable. Will test other games) [/li]
[li]you can load games to flash, and choose to boot them later or right away [/li]
[li]menu system much easier to read now [/li]
</ul>
Downsides of OS 7
<ul>
[li]read/write no longer shows you the KB number countdown. I found this really useful. Please bring it back in next update! [/li]
[li]folder system organized by Date Modified instead of File Name. This is really annoying when it comes to organizing ROM folders. [/li]
[li]the install was really a pain not knowing how to format everything. Would be nice to support FAT16 at least for upgrading the OS. [/li]
[li]no proper PAL support yet. Games like New Zealand Story (SMS) and Chase HQ (SMS) do not play right without my <a class="externalLink" href="http://www.smspower.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14665" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">PAL modification</a> [/li]
</ul>
I'll update this with more info as I tinker on with the new OS.

-Segasonicfan