• This is an archive of ASSEMblerGames.com from June 07th, 2019, all content should be here (minus threads with none english titles, we'll add later.) you cannot login here as this is a clone and your personal info doesn't exist in this database.

Brought to you by ObscureGamers.

0th bit/Everdrive forums aren't fully working due to wrong id's from importer. (fixing just takes time) 0th bit posts will be added. Only major issue is the importer copied html/classes which show so need to find a way to strip/convert. this was caused from converting html rips back to SQL. This archive doesn't contain emails/private messages/ip's as we could only convert what google could see/crawl.

Is there any way to back up and write to dreamcast vmus and ps1 memory cards?

Wolf_

Rising Member

I've been looking into backing up all of my save game files to my computer (and also the cloud in case my house explodes or something) and I was wondering if anyone knew of any ways to backup ps1 and dreamcast memory cards to pc and also to write data from pc to dreamcast and ps1 memory cards?

Nully

Dauntless Member

I believe you can use Free McBoot on a PS2 to backup saves from the memory card to a flash drive. You can buy them on eBay for about $8.

MoockyLoock

Robust Member

That's it for PS1, use a FreeMCBoot memcard to boot into uLaunchELF, then it will let you copy/paste saves from memcard to USB (and back from USB to memcard).

For the Dreamcast, you need to buy a Dreamcast SD adapter (it's a kind of SD reader that plugs into the serial port of the Dreamcast). Then you need to burn a Dreamshell disc. Once booted into Dreamshell, you'll have a browser that let you copy/paste saves from VMU to SD (and vice-versa).

Hope it'll help.

Wolf_

Rising Member

So just to make sure I've got this straight to back up/write ps1 saves I put my ps1 memory card into a ps2 with freemcboot and load ulaunchelf and I'm all set to back it up?

Also will Dreamshell read/write saves with the Gdemu or usb gdrom as well or just to the serial port sd card adapter?

Mrneo240

Gutsy Member

dreamshell on dreamcast can full backup vmu to sd card, and/or write a full image or individual saves as well.

Wolf_

Rising Member

<div class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeQuote" data-author="Mrneo240">

<div class="attribution type">Mrneo240 said:

<a class="AttributionLink" href="goto/post?id=984949#post-984949">↑
</div>
<blockquote class="quoteContainer"><div class="quote">dreamshell on dreamcast can full backup vmu to sd card, and/or write a full image or individual saves as well.[/quote]

</div> But can it back up your vmu to or write to your vmu from a usb gdrom or gdemu?