• This is an archive of ASSEMblerGames.com from June 07th, 2019, all content should be here (minus threads with none english titles, we'll add later.) you cannot login here as this is a clone and your personal info doesn't exist in this database.

Brought to you by ObscureGamers.

0th bit/Everdrive forums aren't fully working due to wrong id's from importer. (fixing just takes time) 0th bit posts will be added. Only major issue is the importer copied html/classes which show so need to find a way to strip/convert. this was caused from converting html rips back to SQL. This archive doesn't contain emails/private messages/ip's as we could only convert what google could see/crawl.

Neo Geo AES serials/mother board revisions

_SD_

Resolute Member

So, I'm after a Neo Geo AES. But I specifically want a 3-6 version motherboard in order to do the RGB mods.

Does anyone have any idea what range of serials I should be looking at to give myself the best chance of getting a 3-6? Is anything over 190k going to be a safe bet, or should I aim a little higher?

Xian Xi

Rising Member

What RGB Mods? The 3-6 has brighter RGB than previous revision, in fact 3-5 and 3-6 are brighter than the previous ones. Only thing is that the 3-6 suffers from vertical stripes so you need to cut the 3 traces that run under the clock and they're gone. Hard to say exactly what range it starts at since a lot of times there are recases where someone fixes a mobo and places it in a different case.

Only way to be sure is to look in the cart slot to the right and it will say which revision 3-3 through 3-6, if you don't see anything then it is a 1st gen.

_SD_

Resolute Member

The RGB bypass and cutting those three traces under the clock are the mods I was planning to do. The way I understood it, a modified 3-6 outputs the best possible picture of any AES version.

I was hoping that the serials themselves would be enough of an indication as to what version the board is. I didn't fancy asking sellers on eBay to start peering through the cart slot of all their Neo Geos.

Twimfy

Site Supporter 2015

Before I bought one I followed this guide <a class="externalLink" href="http://nfggames.com/games/neorgb/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://nfggames.com/games/neorgb/

My serial was 56,000 and something (don't own the unit any more) and the RGB without modding was fantastic.

As long as you stay under a 126k serial and don't sit with your eyeball on the screen or a foot away then I severely doubt you're going to notice the difference.

I know it doesn't really answer your question, I just don't think the mod is really necessary.

Each to their own though.

Xian Xi

Rising Member

<div class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeQuote" data-author="_SD_">

<div class="attribution type">_SD_ said:

<a class="AttributionLink" href="goto/post?id=473338#post-473338">↑
</div>
<blockquote class="quoteContainer">
The RGB bypass and cutting those three traces under the clock are the mods I was planning to do. The way I understood it, a modified 3-6 outputs the best possible picture of any AES version.

I was hoping that the serials themselves would be enough of an indication as to what version the board is. I didn't fancy asking sellers on eBay to start peering through the cart slot of all their Neo Geos.[/quote]

</div> On the 3-6 you don't need to do an RGB bypass, the RGB is bright enough. Only 1st gen, 3-3 and 3-4 need it.

Jeovani

Newly Registered

Hello, I read now about Neo geo being 3-3, 3-5, but what exactly is 3-3 and 3-5 ?? From an example of 3-3 and 3-5 please. I have a Neo Geo CD, what is the number that a Neo geo CD should have to have an excellent RGB signal ??? Which Neo Geo CD series has the best RGB output ??? Thank you.