• This is an archive of ASSEMblerGames.com from June 07th, 2019, all content should be here (minus threads with none english titles, we'll add later.) you cannot login here as this is a clone and your personal info doesn't exist in this database.

Brought to you by ObscureGamers.

0th bit/Everdrive forums aren't fully working due to wrong id's from importer. (fixing just takes time) 0th bit posts will be added. Only major issue is the importer copied html/classes which show so need to find a way to strip/convert. this was caused from converting html rips back to SQL. This archive doesn't contain emails/private messages/ip's as we could only convert what google could see/crawl.

O/S v8 (questions)

Another World

Newly Registered

I received an Everdrive GG and have a few questions. I would like to start off by asking about the O/S build. When I press 2 I see a "main menu". The options here are Start Game, Device Info, and about.

I have the following listed in Device Info:
CLPD Version: 3
OS Version: 8
Max Dir Size: 512
Cart Type: GG
Asm Date: 29.05.2014

Firstly, this is an unreleased build of the O/S? I can't seem to find it for download or locate any change log that lists what it offers over v7 beta.
Secondly, I do not see the "Tools" menu that I have read about. It was in this menu that you would update the O/S and set up SRAM? Is there another way to get to this menu?
Finally, I am looking for a menu option for writing saves. Am I to assume that the game will automatically write to the empty save.sav I have in Root? How do I control other games wanting to write to this? Should saves be set up 1 per game and named the same as the ROM?

Edit::
After getting in touch with the developer I found out that O/S v8 is an unreleased (finalized) build of O/S v7 beta. It has the same change log.
The "tools" menu was removed. The O/S software now automatically backs-up and reloads all .sav files. There is no longer any need to have an empty save.sav file.

Thank you,
-Another World